Do you compulsively check Instagram? Are you following Taco Bell on Snapchat? Are you ready to go to war with Facebook’s ever-changing algorithm?
Team Rubicon, a non-profit disaster relief organization comprised of military veterans and first responders, is looking for a snarky and savvy individual who’s wired to connect and motivated to help expand their social media boot print. If you’ve got a hankering for fun and innovative online strategies, they want to hear from you. This intern will learn how a 5-year-old, fast-growing organization utilizes social media to tell their story to hundreds of thousands of volunteers and supporters.
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Assist with monitoring social media for conversations related to Team Rubicon and disaster relief.
- Help prepare online campaigns to support fundraising and engagement across TR Nation.
- Develop and edit content to be distributed across TR’s online channels.
- Seek and suggest opportunities for TR to effectively tell their story.
- Analyze social media insights/data to hone current strategies.
- Collaborating with local leadership to verify current regional and state inventories
- Enhancing logistics data base management and maintenance
- Providing national level logistics support during field operations
- Helping to create a logistics standard operating procedures playbook to distribute to all regions
What we are asking from you:
Join us at our Headquarters here in El Segundo, operating amongst some gnarly teammates, cuddly dogs, and all levels of leadership for 10-20 hours per week. We would prefer Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but we’re flexible. During disaster operations we stay late, work harder, and get more shit done.
What you need to be successful:
- A positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of proficiency with a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Excellent organizational skills and a surgeon’s attention to detail
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, team environment and collaborate across multiple departments
Credentials and Experience:
Students currently enrolled in a marketing, communications or related program or anyone with strong communications background.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Social Media Intern in the subject line. Your cover letter should state a brief summary of your social media experience and style, what you hope to take away from the internship and how you organize your sock drawer. Also, if you have a good joke, we’d love to hear it!